The Content Delivery Network CDN is a solution that works best for Magento Speed Optimization by bringing content closer to users. This way, it reduces stress on the site’s server and thereby reduces the bounce rate of the Magento store.
Why need the best CDN providers for Magento 2 Store?
The global server system also aids in up-surging the SEO rankings by increasing the page load speed of the e-commerce website.
Despite the fact that the on-premises version of Magento does not include CDN integration, you can use any CDN of your choice. A content delivery network (CDN) is an efficient way to speed up your Magento Store. Let’s look at how to use CDN to speed up Magento 2 and how CDN works on the Adobe Commerce platform.
- Benefits of CDN
- How to configure CDN in Magento2?
- How can you choose the best CDN for Magento 2?
- Best CDN Providers for Magento Platform
Benefits of CDN
1. CDN helps speed up Magento 2
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a useful tool for providing your audience with a better shopping experience by increasing the Speed and Performance of your Magento Store. The CDN takes over the request process and starts delivering static web content to improve the page load time in the user’s browser due to the globally distributed locations of the nodes.
2. Scalability & Flexibility
After you install the CDN, data transfer operations become more advanced, which helps website owners reduce their external costs.
3. SEO Benefits
CDNs help to combat duplicate content issues by using caching algorithms and canonical headers. This will help you with the search engine optimization of your store.
4. Reduces Page Loading Time
The purpose of using a CDN is to reduce the distance between the user and the site’s resources. The CDN enables users to connect to a website that is geographically closer rather than connecting to a site’s server. This helps to reduce the page loading time of the Magento store.
5. Enhance content delivery
Compared to other origin servers, CDN is better equipped to handle more input and resist hardware failures.
6. Improve website security
The majority of CDNs come with built-in DDoS and malware protection. It can help protect your data and information by securing it with a TLS/SSL certification. With the help of CDN, you can also whitelist or blacklist traffic from specific IP addresses or countries.
7. Reduce bandwidth costs
CDN can reduce the amount of data that the website has to provide by using caching and other optimizations, resulting in lower costs for the website owner.
How to configure CDN in Magento2?
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration in your Admin Panel.
- In the General tab, select Web. Configure the Base URLs and Base URLs sections (Secure).
- Fill in the Secure Base URL for Static View Files and Secure Base URL for User Media Files fields in the Base URLs (Secure) section with the same information.
- Save changes.
How can you choose the best CDN for Magento 2?
You can choose a Magento CDN by reviewing CDN provider reviews, visiting each CDN’s page, and contacting their sales team. There are a few key factors to consider when selecting a CDN for Magento Store
1. Magento Support
You might find that even the best CDN for Magento is not perfect for your eCommerce website. As you’re evaluating a potential CDN, make sure it has no issues with running with Magento.
2. Support for Images
Images help to improve your store’s appearance. However, image files lengthen the Magento store’s page loading time. In this case, Magento Image CDN can aid in image file size compression without sacrificing image quality.
3. Support for Video Streaming
Video content can also contribute significantly to the speed of your website. The best Magento video CDN will ensure that visitors have a positive visual experience and will keep them coming back for more of your video content.
4. Safe Ecommerce Caching Options
Caching is critical for delivering a fast browsing experience. It is essential that your Magento CDN supports minimal caching. For security purposes, you should avoid caching logged-in users, particularly carts and checkouts.
5. Technical Support
Even the best Magento CDN is useless if it does not operate well with your Magento store. Top Magento CDN providers typically offer some level of technical support, either paid or free. If you’re thinking about getting one for yourself, consider the cost and availability of tech support.
Best CDN Providers for Magento Platform
There are many different types of CDNs providers out there, and each has its own advantages.
- Google Cloud CDN
- Amazon CloudFront
Cloudflare is widely used by bloggers, small businesses, and professionals. It has numerous Points of Presence (PoPs) around the world, which helps in fast content delivery in any location.
- Easy integration with Magento 2
- Free plan with no bandwidth restrictions
- image optimization
- mobile optimization
- web filtering
- clever page rules to manipulate traffic
- 200+ data centers around the world
- Full control for developers through REST API
- No phone or chat support in the free plan
- Upgradation to the premium plan starting from $20/month is necessary to get extra features
Fastly is a modern CDN service that uses SSD discs in its cache servers to ensure fast content access and a high cache-hit ratio. It has over 30 POP (point of presence) locations strategically located all over the world. It makes use of reverse proxying, which means that the content is fetched from your origin server as it’s requested. It is also compatible with Magento1 and Magento2 platforms.
- High programmability.
- Support for different types of video caching.
- Instant purging and real-time logs.
- Extremely fast
- Monitor up to $50 of traffic for free
- Difficult to set up
- Expensive (Minimum $50 per month)
Another popular CDN provider is KeyCDN, which is ideal for beginners and those on a low budget. It has a simple Magento integration, and you can get started with a free 25GB of traffic.
- Gzip compression
- Real-time reports
- Instant purge options
- Two-factor authentication
- DDoS protection
- Easy to integrate
- 24/7 support
- Limited security features
- Ordinary performance compared to others
Sucuri CDN is responsible for automatically caching your website on its edges. The CDN can Speed up your Magento Store by 70% with no configuration.
- Website Speed Optimization.
- global content delivery network (CDN)
- Multiple Caching Options
- Reliable Website Uptime
- High Availability and Redundancy
5. Google Cloud CDN:
Google Cloud CDN takes advantage of Google’s global network of points of presence (PoPs). It is the recommended cloud CDN for Magento stores as it has 100 edge points around the world.
- Fast & Reliable
- provides privacy and data security
- Simple Configuration is pretty simple,
- Offers free trial
- $300 free trial credit
- Free SSL certificate
Technical support will cost you extra
6. Amazon CloudFront:
Amazon CloudFront is a popular CDN offered by Amazon Web services, owing to its speed. It is highly programmable and has the most advanced security capabilities.
- Fast content delivery.
- 225+ Points of Presence
- Integrated with AWS
- Difficult to use
- Pricing varies by location
To Sum Up Performance:
- CDNs play an important role in Magento Speed Optimization by reducing the load times of websites.
- A CDN can aid in the faster indexing of your website in the search engine results pages.
- It enhances your virtual presence.
- CDN will assist in gaining greater brand recognition for your company.
- CDN is a simple and low-cost technology to speed up Magento Store.
- It will also assist you in improving the user experience and achieving higher SEO rankings.
So, what are you waiting for? Choose the most compatible CDN Provider for your Magento store and take advantage of its unique features. If you are not tech-savvy and are facing issues with your Magento store, then you can meet our Adobe Commerce Developer by opting for our Magento Services. For any queries, you can reach us at email@example.com.