From those who purchase via internet, as much as 80% individuals look into the website of the same store where they are standing currently to find out products even while being in its physical premises.
Above statement concludes that e-commerce is an inevitable replacement of traditional shopping.
However, this article isn’t written to explain how much of importance it is to develop a website if you are running a local/domestic electronics goods shop.
Rather, you will get a fast-paced look out of features, themes, what should not be missed etc. while generating ecommerce website to sell electronics oriented gadgets, machines, stocks. If you have hosted an e-commerce site already, that is not defeated. You can equally add new functionalities later on.
How many websites from top 1 million use Magento? 13,000. Really
I assume that you are already using, or planning to utilize Magento framework in order to create assistive webshop.
If your website doesn’t consume Magento framework under the hoods, reading further may not be as great as all examples, links in this blog include pointers to free or paid Magento stuff.
1. Select best Magento theme specifically for electronics store –
out of these 55+
For electronics industry, 10s of Magento themes are available from
- Magento marketplace
- Mojo marketplace for WordPress and Magento
- Creative market
- My Theme Shop
Obviously, only sheer number of themes are free. Go according to your budget.
Nowadays, it is NOT mostly advisable to create a website from scratch, as a brought theme can be equally customized afterwards to match with your business context.
Never delay to launch.
Most templates from above sites are 5-star and comes for USD $20-$80, isn’t that cost effective?
Few themes offered from above 6 places/sites possess full potential to make swift ROI(return on investment) for your money, that you invested to develop a website.
Magento theme helps your business adopt ecommerce.
2.Key Rule: Never challenge customers patience when they are buying electronics goods from your website
While measuring user experience, “check out simplicity” is game changing card for an e-commerce website.
Without wasting time on thinking
- How would be readymade checkout plugins?
- Should we better hire a developer and customize?
etc. , you may quickly buy any standard single page checkout Magento extension from Mageplaza.
Or you can buy, at a reasonable rate, various authentic e-commerce products such as
- Australia post shipping Magento extension
- Magento 2 saved credit card payment module
- Responsive one page checkout Magento 2 extension
- Magento Facebook Pixel extension
- Unique Magento 2 theme development or existing theme customization services
and many others – that I offer.
3. Features that must be present in Electronics Showroom website
- Retina ready images
- Google Map showing location of your shop(s)
- Cross-browser support, at least Firefox, Chrome, Opera desirable
- Section reserved for Featured Products
- New Arrivals section
- Shop by brand
- Add to cart
- Customer Sign Up & Log In
- 100% cross-device, screen neutral web pages
- Mega Menu Bar with Categories and Subcategories
- Social media sites integration
- Back to Top button
- Well adjusted SEO settings
- Clearly readable fonts
- Minimalist page layout & super simple navigation
- Flexible payment options
- SEO friendly AJAX implementation to reduce refreshing
- High-speed rendering of content
These all result in immense business growth as website visitors can easily search, navigate and buy electronics products that you are selling.
4. Did you ask your provider to give PSD before disbursing payment cheque?
Ability to exercise over various website parts is good. It tightens your grip over electronics business.
This modification of website parts is, of course, done by logging into Admin panel of Magento
Well, what you can do with Magento Admin back end panel?
- Change Header/Footer styles
- Apply new CSS effects
- Modify website colors/skins
- Alter many settings
What can you not do with help of Magento Admin panel?
- Entirely design a new theme
- Huge layout modifications of all web pages at par
- Convert existing theme to Magento version 2
- Greater exercise over look and feel of a website
Therefore PSD(Photoshop Design) files ownership should be discussed at beginning of the contract. Reject those who don’t provide.
5. Choose intuitive domain name like ElectronicsMarketUSA
Or like something over non-relative words. It has SEO weightage.
6. Integrate Magento based Electronics Store with Mailchimp
To earn income, business should be a known unit.
And before any business can become popular, people should have read or heard its name previously, repetitively, on one or more communication mediums.
Let it be email or electronic post medium because it allows to target 5,000-20,000 people in a single shot. Your business comes in personal contact with customer.
Further, in an email campaign, you will add only selected entities or persons who are interested in purchasing electronics commodities that are your speciality or USP(unique selling point).
Magento doesn’t come prebuilt with this type facility, and Mailchimp is best to add that.
Few ecommerce experts have created related Magento extensions, choose that you like.
7. Accounting, Billing & Taxation
There is a difference between an ERP software and ecommerce software.
While ecommerce framework allows merchants to market their professional offerings in front of external public, ERP helps managing internal business process.
And Magento is an ecommerce software. Why not combine ERP and eCommerce to gain best of both. Just like other businesses, an electronics physical storefront also needs to create invoices, collect payments, file income tax return statements etc.
Just turn to this list, and you’re all set up to manage financial data in Magento.
I don’t suggest any particular Accounting package. Before purchasing an ERP, check with the first party vendor’s site that whether it supports latest tax rules of your country or not.
Then comes the two actions in chronological order:
- First, you ought to buy monthly subscription of that selected ERP
- Second, you still have to spend coins to connect Magento extension of that ERP with your website.
Although, initially, the facility seems costly, it nurtures extravagant support to execute business operations. In turn, you can focus on pivotal business activities with less headache on office and paperwork.
8. Strategic Design Recommendations for Electronics Store Website
There are many factors which play their role in convincing website visitors. We generally call them as “strong value propositions”. They silently argue for why you are the best website to source rather competitors.
Briefly, these call-to-action objects are
- Catchy website logo
- Security certificates, like anti-virus enabled store, W3C validation symbol
- Detail item information and product specification
- Blogs and latest industry buzz articles, like exploration of alternative electrical devices that consume less power
- Discreet color combination, no more than 5-7 colors
- Quick links to trending electronics products
- Call-to-actions, like Buy Now, Add To Wish List – near the product image
To conclude, store should look branded, reflecting same environment as that of your physical outlet ambience.
9. When customizing, use widely used web components
This is synonymous with that we mostly prefer to buy something from a crowded or highly sought after shop’s services.
Similarly, instruct your app developer to leverage the most commonly used technological components. For example, to nurture animated effects on a website, CSS framework namely Bootstrap is preferable instead many others. And utilizing standard web components, by no means, indicates that our website identity will become non unique.
Same applies to marketing flank.
If you ever rely on external eCommerce SEO Packages, collaborate with an agency that provides detailed report of keywords ranking on first page of Google.
Don’t collaborate with SEO company who denies to work on keywords that you want to rank on search engine or that selects odd SEO keywords which are less likely to bring relevant traffic to your electronics web store.
That’s it. I am done with what I had in my bag.
I hope this article went as useful time investment for you.